The Association of Professional Landscape Designers Offered Advice
Homeowners can bring their garden design dilemmas to the San Francisco Flower & Garden Show and get 30 minutes of advice from professional landscape designers at the Ask a Designer booth. The Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD) is providing show-goers with an opportunity to sit down with a designer for some quick and affordable tips and solutions for private gardens.
How does it work?
You make reservations online and pre-pay to reserve a 30-minute time slot for $30 (plus a small ticketing service fee). At the show you will be assigned your own personal designer.
You are encouraged to prepare in advance and bring photos of your existing landscape and of landscapes you love, your existing site plan, plant lists—whatever you’d like to share with your designer. You will go away with valuable professional guidance that will help launch you toward the next step in your design process.
What can be accomplished in your 30-minute session?
Here are some ideas:
- a review of the plants on your wish list
- suggestions for creating a list of plants that work well together and are suitable for your site
- ideas for translating the look of a garden show display to a real-life home landscape
- coaching on how to organize your ideas into an overall theme for your landscape
- professional feedback on your own landscape ideas
- resources for finding plants, hardscape materials and decorative elements
- learn in detail about the step-by-step process of professional landscape design
Sign up now to secure your consultation time slot.
Ready to sign up? Click here!